Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 5: Newspaper fail and win

Hello, sorry this is late. I actually did this Saturday night, but didn't get pictures/time to post it until now.
     So i'm not sure how everyone gets great results doing newspaper manis....mine sucked! I planned to do QR codes (you know those things for smart phones) and barcodes on all my nails. However, the newsprint only transferred on 3 of my nails......fail. So i took little pieces of the paper (it just so happens I was using a flyer with my name printed on it) and stuck them into my still tacky topcoat, then did 2 more coats of topcoat. Now when I say "stuck them into my tacky topcoat", I mean that I literally used my other nails/a pen cap to sink it into the polish as much as possible, focusing on the edges. That way, when i did my subsequent coats of topcoat, it leveled out nicely. The smoothest one is my middle right; my pinkies still have a ridge on one side but it's not enough to bug me.
This is the left hand.
This is the right hand.

This is 2 1/2 days of wear, so please excuse the tip wear! I used my Sally Hansen base coat, 2 coats of Revlon Timeless (I picked this up with my newspaper mani in mind lol), and a coat of Sally Hansen on all nails, plus another coat on the nails with paper stuck on them. Not sure how removal will go, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it eh?

     A quick note about the Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment base and topcoat....This is great as a base coat. Keeps your manis looking great for days. Since I started using it, I've yet to have a mani chip before i was tired of it.....the same could be said for my Orly Bonder. However, the Sally Hansen hasn't destroyed my nails. I have used it as a topcoat, and it works well, but I'll stick to my Out the Door Quick dry. I'm usually doing my nails before bed, and I just don't have the time to wait for the Sally's to completely dry (it takes FOREVER).

Anyway, time to take the baby to the doctor, six month check up today!
-Lynnette

No comments:

Post a Comment