Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Icing Lemme See Your Peacock and Revlon Scandalous

First, I want to show you the swatches of Icings Lemme See Your Peacock. It's a nice green, cyan and magenta glitter in a clear base.
One coat

Two coats

Three coats

Four Coats

I think this built up fairly nicely. By coats three and four I was sort of placing the glitter where I needed it for coverage. This also looked more opaque in real life, and the nail beneath was harder to see (I'm going with the glitter distracts your eyes). I didn't topcoat the swatch, so I'm not sure how much of that you would need to get it smooth.....

Now, here's what I currently have on my nails; a jelly sandwich of sorts using Revlon Scandalous (the re-release of the dupe for Lippman's Bad Romance I think......I got it because I like it lol) and Icing Peacock. I wanted something darker to tone down Peacock, but the blacks that I have are pretty opaque. So I grabbed Scandalous because it has the same magenta glitter in a watery black base.
Taken in the weak daylight of winter in Michigan :(


I kinda like it.....though I might do one more coat of topcoat (it's still a bit bumpy). However that will come tomorrow so that this has plenty of time to dry.

Until next time!
-Lynnette

No comments:

Post a Comment