Sunday, September 15, 2013

Butterick 5917

When i first saw this pattern i got really excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I almost bought it full price that's how much i like it! This is my version, and there might be more to come!

I cut almost a straight 16; at the back shoulders I cut a 14 through armhole (mine are always smaller than what the pattern says). Instead of  using the cap sleeve, i cut the long sleeve down to a short. There is embroidery on the bottom of the sleeves, but i couldn't get a good pic of it. I added a 1/2 inch to the bottom of the front bodice (my work around a full bust adjustment). I didn't line the bodice, just turned and topstiched the ruffle in place. I also didn't sew the skirt darts all the way down; once i got everything cut i realized that it might not fit without the little extra.

Overall, this was an easy sew for me. I didn't look at the directions that much to be honest! I will consider making this again, but maybe sleeveless next time.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment